Monday 19 September 2011

Great voices: Kelly Jones

If you have heard the voice of Kelly Jones of Stereophonics, you will not forget it or confuse it with something else. To me he has the quintessential rock'n'roll vocals. It's hard, raw and rusty, but at the same time it has so much emotion, sexiness, passion and feelings to it. When he reaches the first high note of Rooftop it just gives me the chills. And his version of Sumertime is my favourite version of the classic. At the same time he is one of the few who have managed to continue and push is band through after the 90's. They were after all one of the first brit-pop bands I listened to, even though I didn't get my ears really open for them until 2001 and the great JEEP album :) Strictly speaking I guess they are a little bit post-brit-pop, but to me they are part of the same period. Here are some of my favourites.

My first favourite:


Not as good as the album version, but still great: Spotify
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

Summertime:
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

With Tom Jones: Spotify


Other then that, the whole best of album is great stuff.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...