Wednesday 25 February 2009

Great documentaries: J K Rowling

As you might know, if you have been reading my blog, I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I found this amazing documentary about J K Rowling and her last preparations before releasing the last Harry Potter book: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows". It even covers the moment when she finishes the book and follows her for a year. It gives a very person and touching portrait of J K. You really understand how the books became what they did, when you hear her life story and more about her as a person. I especially love the beginning where she is asked what is her favorite virtue etc. It says so much about her as a person that I am not even sure she is saying herself. Me personally I have tears in my eyes again as I watch it... Such a beautiful human being and such an amazing story and creative mind. I just reread "The Deathly Hallows", and it's just amazing. So many details, such Shakespearian plotting and the talents equaling Agatha Christie when it comes to complex and thrilling writing, not revealing the truth until the last moment and bending and twisting what you think along the way.

Here it is: enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...