Tuesday 24 February 2009

New music: Youthmovies

I have always liked the rhythms of prog-rock but it's been something about the sound of the whole thing that has killed it for me so far. Maybe it's just me that has been a bit ignorant, but it has often sounded so so very 70's and 80's rock in the way the instruments sound, the horrible keyboards and rock-80's-vocals.

Last night on Last.fm a miracle happened. I found the amazing band Youthmovies! They play crazy prog-rock-jazz music with a British rock of the 90's sound. At least I think so. Very exciting and surprising, because for the first 2 minutes or so it sounds quite ordinary and then suddenly very strange things start to happen and it takes you away and sends you for a strange and long trip and at the end you end up where you started. Definitively my kind of music!!! Love how they use a trumpet and love the vocals. Enjoy!

This is my favorite songs so far: If You'd Seen A Battlefield and on their homepage you can see a lot more fun stuff and a great interview very strange and very funny people. Makes you wonder if they are really high.

Apparently this is also Mathrock? I think that might be a really good genre for me, so more about that later :)



This is the video for "The Naughtiest girl is a monitor" (remember high quality) Not that exciting song, but thought it was time for you to see what they look like.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...