Monday 6 October 2008

Great songs: Such Great Heights - The Postal Service

One thing I really can miss when traveling is listening to music. When on holiday with family it's not a good time to listen to an mp3-player... I usually really don't notice it before I get really irritated for no reason, and then I realize that I haven't listened to music for a few days. After about 15 minutes of good music all is back to good :)

An example of a great song that I never get tiered of is "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service. It is now used in a Norwegian commercial, so I am sure you will hear it on the radio to soon. I discovered The Postal Service about a year ago, as I was searching for similar artists to Lali Puna online. The intro has the same kind of "blipp blopp" sound as Lali Puna often use and it's something about the bass and the drums to. It somehow makes me feel safe and happy this song. It's so light and so groovy at the same time. I really love the voice of Ben Gibbard (who is maybe more known as the vocalists from Death Cab for Cutie). Another similarity with Lali Puna songs is that it can just float in the background for hours and is really good to work to. Most of The Postal Service music is like that too. Here it is. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...