Thursday 11 September 2008

Great musicians: PJ Harvey


Photo by; http://www.lostateminor.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/pj_harvey.jpg


I am really a novice when it comes to Polly Jean, but I have loved the album "Stories from the city, stories from the sea" for quite a few years now, and it still give me so much that I haven't got as far as listening much to a lot of her other great stuff yet. This lady just shines of authority, talent, suduction, wit and intelligence. She just amazes me. She is one of those truly talented people that I am sure you just listen to when she enters a room. And what a voice and what a cool change of styles, and what a cool guitarist..

Here are some of my favorites so far:
This is love - On of the most amazing videos in rock female history and such a direct and emotional and "kick-ass" song. It actually might be some of the reasons why I wanted to start to play guitar in the first place ;)



The whores hustle & the hustlers whores: This is some amazing live video :) I love the rawness of this song and how cool she is. I can see how she used to date Nick Cave ;)I also love the wordplay of the title.



Man sized: Nothing to say. Just watch and enjoy.



Speaking of Cave. Here he is joining.. Henry Lee.. Or maybe it's actually she that is joining him. Anyways. Great song.



Last but not least: One of my really favorites: This Mess we're in, where she has got Thom Yorke to sing with her. It has been said that this was one of the songs that made Thom want to sing again after the whole crazy OK Computer shit. I love the beauty of his high and her love voice. Amazing lyrics too.

1 comment:

la said...

The best singer I've ever been lucky enough to see live. Phenomenal stage presence.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...