Wednesday 28 January 2009

Live: Oasis in Oslo Spektrum


photo from Dresen by Colawarkid


In 1998 i attended the scariest concert of my life. I was quite new to the whole concert thing and somehow ended up about 5 meters from stage on Oasis. I am pretty tall so I usually never get afraid to get lost in the mush pit, but this time I was cought between really tall and really crazy boys that was jumping like maniacs. We managed to get to the side of the crowd and it was better for a while. BUT it was so so so damn loud that my ears started ringing so bad that i couldn't even hear the music any more. We ended up leaving way before the Walrus.

Today it was time to attend my second Oasis concert - ten years later. I ended up right next to the sound guy and that is always good. supposedly it should be the best sound in the whole arena though it's no always so. But this time it was.

I really can't believe that you can go to an Oasis concert and buy seats where you have to sit down. The whole thrill is to jump to songs like "Cigarettes and Alcohol" and "Slide Away". I was a little to prepared about the set list. I have to stop unwrapping the Christmas presents to early or in this case read to many set lists from the current tour before I attend the concert. Lovely blend though between the old and the new though. For me the classics where the greatest because it's during this last ten years that I have loved more and more songs like "supersonic" "Morning Glory" and "Rock'n'roll star". Maybe I am just idealizing my youth ;) Noel kept joking that it had to be several school classes on school trips in the audience cause there were so many young people there. Apparently it's been a long time since they played to such a young audience. Cool though.. recruit them young.. he he

Oasis is also quite fun to watch and you think to yourself "What the *** is Liam doing now" when you watch them. He just stands around a lot, and it's very very cool but also makes you wonder. And his legendary singing pose is always stellar. I was especially happy to hear him sing really well and do all the long tones.. I have been watching some live from the earlier parts of the tour and he seam to have been really struggling. Very happy :)


During "Wonderwall" something very strange happened by the way. Liam for some reason stopped the whole song shouting "just a second... just a second" and strolled of to the side of the stage. I bet he had a chat to the sound guy about something cause something was "too loud" apparently.. Maybe it was us or the drums. Thanks to YouTube though, you can watch it here. What the ''' is he saying?



There are tons of live clips from the concert on YouTube. Just search for "Oslo Oasis 2009" :)

This one of the really great ones and gives you a lot of the atmosphere of the place. "Don't look back in anger" is such a classic.




Some heroes from the teenage years live forever. Some heros even get better when you get older and they have changed half the band to legendary musicians from other dead bands and made a kind of brit-pop super-group. (Yes, Gem and Andy has a very great past). I think they might become the new Rolling Stones and are gonna be around a lot longer and maybe we'll have a second age of brit-pop war now that Blur is back. That would be something, ha? ;)Can't wait til July! Co-coci-choo and yooohooo :)

And as I write the last words of this post I found an interview where Noel talks about doing solo stuff, so great things ahead for sure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...