Friday 13 August 2010

Frank Sinatra Talks


Nothing beats Frank Sinatra on a rainy day (OK, maybe Ella is in the same league, but you get the picture). My love for Frank Sinatra started around about 2000 when I bought my first best of record, just to ease nicely into it. I am however sure he left his mark on me before that. I remember watching a live concert with him from Oslo on Norwegian TV when I was a kid. And the fact that I remember that, probably means that I like it, since I must have been about 4 at the time.

When Spotify came into my life about a year ago, I to my delight found a lot of live recordings in there by Sinatra. Still there is nothing that beats the cd "Live from The Sands" with Count Basie from the late 60's. I mean, with two such musical titans it MUST be good. It's just so much life and delight and joy and coolness in that recording. But what I also discovered is that Sinatra talked tons when he was doing live shows. It's not surprising, since he's like the greatest man showman ever, but these live cds include whole tracks where he ONLY talks. And it's insane stuff. He is crazy, witty, funny, cheesy and just plain great. I have decided to save all of those great moments in a play list on Spotify. You can listen to it here. Enjoy! I am so sad I never got to see the great guy live!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...