Saturday 19 January 2013

Song of the Day #2 - Traveling Wilburys - Handle With Care

For my generation of kids that grew up in the 80's the music cassette was still a big part of our everyday life. At that time there was a cassette player in every car, and one of the few cassettes in my parents car, that we hadn't taped form the radio, was the one with Traveling Wilburys. Every time I hear them now I get that safe, cosy feeling of going on a car trip with my parents, for instance for a summer holiday. The weather is nice, the nature outside is green and we are ready for some great adventure.

This music is perfect car music still for me, it slides along over the road like the car. Secondly what a group of people! It's bound to be quality when you put George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan in the same band! One of my favourite songs is "Handle with care", so that's today's Song of the Day. It's one of the songs on the record where all of the guys show of their talent in different parts; the beautiful leading voice of Harrison, the high notes of Orbison and the gritty in between by Dylan and Petty and Lynne. Hope you have some great memories with this one too or will make new ones now. And we all could use some summer in January.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...