Sunday 23 November 2008

Music: 50 questions about favorite artists over all on last.fm

Yes, I know it's kind of childish but I love these things. Makes me reflect on my relationship with music, and is exciting at the same time to see what combinations that turn up.

1. What's your favorite song by 15?
The Cardigans
Hard one... "Favorite Game" is way up there, but I also love "And you kissed me" and "I need some fine wine and you need to be nicer".

2. How did you get into 20?
Imogen Heap
Vivian, Jørgen and me was watching The late show with David Letterman, when she suddenly turned up and played live there. We wondered "What the hell is that?" and "Wow, that's one cool girl" Turned out, she's brilliant.

3. Who is your favorite member in 1?
Radiohead
I love them all but Jonny Greenwood often gets a bit underrated and he is just a brilliant musician and songwriter.

4. Whats your favorite lyric bit by 29?
The National Bank
Probably the whole lyric to Tolerate and My name is Fred.

5. Have you ever seen 22 live?
Jamie Cullum
No, but I have a dream :)

6. What's your favorite album from 10?
Kent
Can't decided between, Hägnesta Hill, Isola and Väpen & Amunision
The first one for the lyrics, the second because it was my first meeting with Kent and quite intense and the last beacuse it's just such a brilliant rock album.

7. Do you own any merchandise from 3?
Elliott Smith
No, but I might get some :)

8. What is a good memory you have of 7?
R.E.M
Wow... A lot of good memories... Some of love, some of theater and a lot of growing up.

9. Is there a member of the same age as you in 2?
Travis
Well, they are a bit older, but not that much ;)

10. When did you first get into 8?
Phoenix
I bought the Alphabetical album after hearing Run Run Run and have loved them ever since.

11. Who likes 4 along with you?
Lali Puna
I know a lot of people that have said it sounds cool, but really no other fans.

12. Which song did you first hear from 16?
Span
I don't really remember.. I must have heard them on the radio maybe? Might have been "found".

13. What song made you fall in love with 5?
Odd Nordstoga
Erlend brought it along for a trip to a cabin in the mountains and it was just really perfect for that. Very Norwegian music in a very Norwegian nature.

14. Which song do you not like by 18?
Coldplay
I am a bit sick an tierd of a few of the ballads of their second album, don't even remember what they are called.

15. Why do you like 14's songs?
Unknown
I just like it.. haha

16. Where did you first hear 6?
Björk
Must have been during the Debut album. Possibilly Play Dead or Venus as a boy.

17. How long was 19 a singer before you liked them?
Editors
A few years I think. Took me a few years to discover them :)

18. Does 13 have a song that gives you a bad memory?
Thom Yorke
Harrowdown Hill always give me a knot in the stomic because of the lyrics.

19. When did you get into 17?
DumDum Boys
My brother used to listen to them when I was growing up, so they kind of creeped in that way :)

20. How long have you been into 9?
Blur
I have no idea. Seriously since about 1996, but I am sure I had heard of them before that too: Boys & Girls etc.

21. If 11 had a concert 300 miles away, would you drive there to see them?
Jezebel
As I would be playing... yes :D

22. How many CDs do you own of 12?
Keane
Two albums and a single

23. Does 21 have a song that makes you cry?
U2
Yes, One of course.. And Electrical Storm makes me emotional and that song from Bono to his father...

24. Does 27 have a song that makes you happy?
Frank Sinatra
Sinatra makes you happy. My kind of town Chicago song always makes me rally happy :)

25. Does 23 have a song that makes you smile?
Madrugada
Smile to Madrugada... Not easy ;) Must be Ramona, it kind of reminds me of a girl I know called Ramona.

26. What's the last song you've listened to from 28?
Kings of Convenience
Know-How, earlier to day. Great song.

27. Is there a song by 32 that you've listened to more than 30 times?
Zbigniew Preisner
Song for unification of Europe from the Blue movie.

28. What is a song from 50 that you've only listened to once?
Pride and prejudice soundtrack
Oh, I am sure it is.

29. Is there a song you are sick of hearing by 24?
Belle and Sebastian
Havn't listened enough to them. Just put on the whole record at ones so only remember songs that I like more than the other. The rest is ok.

30. What song got you into 40?
The September When
Hearing Cries like a baby on tv and radio.

31. What is your favorite single by 25?
Ane Brun
My Lover will go, Humming one of your songs.

32. If 49 hated you, what would you do?
The Wannadies
I think I will survive ;)

33. What would you say if 42 or one of the members from 42 asked you out?
Ella Fitzgerald
For a meal or coffee.. It would be amazing. What a legend.

34. Would you care if 41 had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Stereophonics
Ehm... No... not really ;)

35. Who has the best voice in 46?
Smooth jazz collection
I think I'll have to go with Ella :)

36. Do you think 26 is/are good looking?
Bo Kaspers Orkester
Yes, many sexy jazzy dudes in there.

37. How many times have you listened to your favorite song by 36?
Edward Grieg
115 :)

38. How many CDs do you own of 30?
Graham Coxon
None! Have to buy one or two!!

39. Is there a song from 38 that makes you mad?
Patrick Doyle
Maybe the Hogwats wals to many times in a row ;)

40. Which member from 31 do you want to see go solo? If 31 is only one artist, what would you do if they joined a group?
The September When
I think Morten Abel is a quite obviouse choice there ;)

41. What does your favorite song from 48 remind you of?
Oasis
Live forever, at least that is one of them. Reminds me of great times in the 90's :)

42. Did you hate 43 at first?
Interpol
No, always liked them.

43. Does your best friend also listen to 33?
Beirut
Yes, quite a few of them. Got to know Beirut through them.

44. Do you think your parents would like 37?
Arctic Monkeys
I think my mum and dad could both like them to some degree. They are both into rock so.

45. Does 47 have a song that makes you want to dance?
Supergrass
Richard III - No doubt about it.

46. Have you ever seen 34 in person?
The Postal Service
Oh, I wish..

47. Do you like 44's name?
Christopher O'Riley
Yes, it's a great name!

48. Is there someone in 45 that you want to go out with?
The Police
Haha... Not sure if I wanna date Sting ;)

49. Do you know anyone that hates 39?
PJ Harvey
No, how can anyone hate PJ Harvey?

50. Have you ever danced to a song from 35?
The Raconteurs
But of course :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...