Sunday 23 November 2008

Music: New Album from The September When

When I was 14 to about 19 my favorite band was The September When. Not Pearl Jam, not Nirvana, but TSW. The September When was at the time one of the really big Norwegian rock bands and I loved every song they made. Today I still even remember every lyric they had by heart and that's saying a lot, since I don't even know half of all the Radiohead lyrics. I am just one of those people that listen to lyrics after long long time, but somehow the TSW lyrics just hit me. Later Morten Abel (lead singer and the bands songwriter) went of to do a solo carer. It had it ups and downs, but mostly downs. I thought I would never see TSW again and never ever get to see them live, as I was about 16 when they held the last concert and wasn't allowed to see concerts yet. I love how they build up their songs, uses guitar and piano melodies together and of course the lyrics. And also the fact that they can do really rock stuff but also cute popsongs and ballads.

THEN.... Two days ago I got amazing news from my friend. The September When is going to release a new album. They all got together for a special concert at the end of last summer, but it was in Stavanger, at the other side of Norway, and I couldn't afford to go there to see them. But now there is hope... I am sure they now will do some more touring too. I really really hope that there will be a great album, and I am sure it will.

This is a link to the newspaper, only in Norwegian though...

This is the song that first made me like The September When; Cries Like a Baby. Unfortunately it's not the original video, but I think it's nice one. Ane... yes, I know what the lyrics are during the bridge. Try to take a guess if you want to. It took me about 3 years to figure out.



Bullet Me, was the greatest hit TSW had:



Also there is a whole old concert with The September When online on YouTube, this is part 7 with Waste of Time and A Place to stop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uVB3EMjWuc



I had to add this one too: Mama won't tell you no lie in an extreemly long version. Love the lyrics and bass line on this one. They even build in some Primus in the middle of it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...