I like this little games, and I love lists. It makes me reflect around the music I like in new ways and remind me of the things we used to write about favourite hunks, movies and horses when I was a kid. I found this questioner in an old post from 2008 and wanted to do it again, just to see how much had changed. Here is the original post. It seams like a perfect little Easter quiz for me.
Yes, I know it's kind of childish but I love these things. Makes me reflect on my relationship with music, and is exciting at the same time to see what combinations that turn up.
1. What's your favourite song by 15?
Hamburg is an amazing song written about Tom by Tim and how he's worried about how he's doing. It's amazing to then again hear Tom sing that. Bedshaped is a good second and an amazing video.
2. How did you get into 20?
I can not really remember a time that I didn't know about U2. But I think I got really into them in 1998 before going to see them in concert on the Pop mart tour. They are one of the constants in music life for me. Seen them twice and would love to again.
3. Who is your favourite member in 1?
(same as in 2008:)
I love them all but Jonny Greenwood often gets a bit underrated and he is just a brilliant musician and songwriter.
4. Whats your favourite lyric bit by 29?
(unknown) so impossible to tell.
5. Have you ever seen 22 live?
My own band, so yepp, about 1000 times ;)
6. What's your favourite album from 10?
Debut, Post and Homogenic are all just plain brilliant.
7. Do you own any merchandise from 3?
Yepp, I have a t-shirt. I love it, but it's tiny and almost impossible to wear. From "The invisible band" tour.
8. What is a good memory you have of 7?
(still the same as in 2008:)
Wow... A lot of good memories... Some of love, some of theatre and a lot of growing up.
9. Is there a member of the same age as you in 2?
I think I am just about the same age now as when he died. Sad.
10. When did you first get into 8?
Vivian, Jørgen and me was watching The late show with David Letterman, when she suddenly turned up and played live there. We wondered "What the hell is that?" and "Wow, that's one cool girl" Turned out, she's brilliant.
11. Who likes 4 along with you?
I have a few friends that like them, some more than others, and the last years just about the best of the world.
12. Which song did you first hear from 16?
I don't really remember.. I must have heard them on the radio maybe? I think it's very likely that it was Lovefool.
13. What song made you fall in love with 5?
That must have been Song 2. But quite quickly after, the whole Blur album.
14. Which song do you not like by 18?
There are a few songs on the latest album so far that are extremely repetitive (Caspian sea!!!) I don't really care that much for them. But must of his stuff is truly brilliant.
15. Why do you like 14's songs?
The class! The style! The velvet voice! The feeling! The feel of times gone and lost.
16. Where did you first hear 6?
I truly have no idea. Must be through some related artist things, I think?
17. How long was 19 a singer before you liked them?
The Most Serene Republic
A quite long time, I think. I didn't discover them until my boyfriend showed them to me about 2 years ago :)
18. Does 13 have a song that gives you a bad memory?
(same as in 2008:)
Harrowdown Hill always give me a knot in the stomic because of the lyrics.
19. When did you get into 17?
I had heard about them for years and didn't really get around to listening to them before I heard Brainstorm. Then I was hooked.
20. How long have you been into 9?
Since 1998 when I bought Isola on a gas station in Sweden on my way to Praha.
21. If 11 had a concert 300 miles away, would you drive there to see them?
Nah, don't think so. He would be around soon again.
22. How many CDs do you own of 12?
4 albums, I think.
23. Does 21 have a song that makes you cry?
Bo Kaspers Orkester
No, moved in many ways, yes. But not to tears.
24. Does 27 have a song that makes you happy?
He's just a very happy go lucky person. He generally makes me very happy.
25. Does 23 have a song that makes you smile?
Beirut is a wonderful guy and lots of his music just makes you smile in the way you would at the local pub with all your friends and family around.
26. What's the last song you've listened to from 28?
Escape the Nest, I think.
27. Is there a song by 32 that you've listened to more than 30 times?
If The Raconteurs – Many Shades of Black counts, yes :)
28. What is a song from 50 that you've only listened to once?
I am sure there are many...
29. Is there a song you are sick of hearing by 24?
Sick and tired of Splitter Pine, but it's still an amazing song.
30. What song got you into 40?
Nice and simple: Last Nite!
31. What is your favourite single by 25?
Oh dear, that is many! Klokken er mye nå is one of the more unknown favourites.
32. If 49 hated you, what would you do?
Not fight him. He's from Canada and they know their hockey fights.
33. What would you say if 42 or one of the members from 42 asked you out?
I would go in an instant! Wow, imagine having dinner with Cash.
34. Would you care if 41 had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
Couldn't care less!
35. Who has the best voice in 46?
Say no more!
36. Do you think 26 is/are good looking?
Sure, angry little rocker boys.
37. How many times have you listened to your favourite song by 36?
The Postal Service
Such Great Hights - 51 times
38. How many CDs do you own of 30?
Wish I had CD-s or LP-s. Have two on MP3.
39. Is there a song from 38 that makes you mad?
Kings of Convenience
Nah, they are quite guys and good background music.
40. Which member from 31 do you want to see go solo? If 31 is only one artist, what would you do if they joined a group?
Sivert Høyem seams to be the obvious answer here.
41. What does your favourite song from 48 remind you of?
The September When
Leave to Wonder was the background track for my life from years 17-19.
42. Did you hate 43 at first?
Nope, think I never hated her.
43. Does your best friend also listen to 33?
Yepp, I think a lot of my best friends listen to them.
44. Do you think your parents would like 37?
I highly doubt it. They are more into rock.
45. Does 47 have a song that makes you want to dance?
I think everybody has a Aretha song they like to dance too :) Just a little bit!!
46. Have you ever seen 34 in person?
Yepp, seen them live on stage twice - 1998 and 2008.
47. Do you like 44's name?
The String Quartet
Yepp, simple and beautiful.
48. Is there someone in 45 that you want to go out with?
Nah, seam like nice guys, but not dateable.
49. Do you know anyone that hates 39?
Belle and Sebastian
How can anyone hate them? Nah...
50. Have you ever danced to a song from 35?
Of course! Tons of stuff.