Thursday 31 July 2008

Great music videos: Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the heart

I saw this on tv just before I went to bed last night. It's the strangest video ever. I really like the song believe it or not because it has so many strange themes and parts. And it also gives me some childhood memories and memories from the Norwegian band Hurra Torpedo that plays the song on kitchen appliances like fridges, freezers etc. (I am saving that one for it's own post later):)

But this video is pure crazy... It has moons, fencers, wind and lots of it, chiffon, doves, american football players, tribe dancers dancing around Bonnie in circles (Eclipses?), wings, gymnasts, marshal arts dancers with wails, choirboys speeding through air and schoolboys with shining eyes (Turn around.. bright eyes). They have used every effect that they can. Including the famous "blurry-filter" that you can see on stuff from the 80's and series like "Days of Our lives" today. The video is pretty much just as over the top as the song. hehe (The last part where one of the school boys sings falsetto with bright eyes really cracks me up). There seams to be some "Bonnie-with-a-school-boy-fantazy" going on through this video, my god. hehe

Here it is

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...