Sunday 13 July 2008

New Music: Apparat

Sometimes one can be really lucky when clicking around on the internet. Today that kind of happened to me. I put my "listen to your neighbourhood" radio on Last.fm* on and out came Modeselektor. They kind of triggered my interest as I found myself sitting and rocking in front of the computer to music I had no idea what was. It was just really groovy and delightful and happy. I remembered my discussion last night with a friend about what kind of electronica I like, and decided to investigate. So I went into their page to see what where their similar artists, and there I found Apparat. Beautiful vocals ala Sigur Rós, Aqualung and A-ha, cool beats ala Radiohead, and a bit of the mood of my all time favorites Lali Puna. There is also a tiny bit of the jazz of st. Germain in there. Well, ME like :D I am actually liking it even more and more the more I listen to it right now, so knock yourselves out. I need to check out Modeselektor more too, but that will be another project another day. And oh.. listen to more than one song by apperat, they are turning out to be quite different.

This is a link to the MySpace page:
http://www.myspace.com/apparat

* Last.fm is a great site that tracks all the music you listen too and as a result you can listen to several radios, see lists of what you listen too, find similar artists, write blogs and find out who listen to the same as you. Go here for more info.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...