Wednesday 9 July 2008

Musical memories: Guns N' Roses

In about 1992 a new kind of music hit me. Up till then I had been listening to a lot of a-ha and pop stuff basically. But then i discovered Guns N' Roses. We was a few years behind here in the countryside of Norway so Nirvana didn't hit until just before Cobain died, at least not me. So we also got to hear Guns N' a little bit late. I think my fetish with wanting to play guitar might have started when I heard Slash play and was reinforced by hearing Jimi Hendrix the year later, and Bryan Adams, but more about that some other time.

I remember listening to Don't Cry and November Rain in long nights thinking about cute boys in school and rocking to Sweet Child of mine... Wait a second... Bon Jovi must have been before all this... hm... Ok, so I might actually have got that guitar thing from Richie?? That's a bit frightening. Let's stick with Slash for now. I remember my friend had a huge crush on him, and I just loved that guitar playing... I saw him live as a part of Velvet Revolver a few years back, and though it wasn't Guns N' Roses, it was still quite special. A childhood.. Well, early teenager... hero.

So i give you November Rain.. The song with two guitar-solos. It's almost like a small opera or something.. :



And for some rock n' roll :

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...