Tuesday 5 February 2013

Song of the Day #15 - BigBang - To the Mountains

Time for some Norwegian rock again. I can't believe this guys are not more famous around the world. This song has some kind of quintessential Norwegian quality to it. I can't really put my finger on it, but a big part is the lyrics, and the allegories he's using. I really identify with the feeling. This is also a brilliant live clip and believe you me; These guys are that great live, seen it, loved it! Enjoy and rock around the room!

You gotta dig your body and your head down in the snow
you gotta tie your scarf around my paw to let them know
and I gotta take your arms around my waist and you'll take mine
we gotta move our fingers and our toes and we'll be fine
you're just a poor little city boy you don't know what you're missing
I say welcome to the mountains
and you're just a skinny little city girl you don't even know who you're kissing
I say welcome to the mountains
hang on hang on you better put some wool on
we'll see the pinetreetops from high above
move on walk up to the mountains
and if we're lucky we'll come back alive
I gotta take your arms around my waist ....
you're just a poor little city boy you don't know...
and if you wanna get high
close to the sky
welcome to the mountains




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...