Friday 19 December 2008

Great band & musical memories: Toadies

In the late 90's I used to date an American. That left it's mark on my music taste (in a good way). I started to listen to Tool and Pixies and also the less known band Toadies. Today to my great surprise and joy I realized that Toadies are back and playing and making music again! I loved the one album I've got of them. So much great melodies and the way the lines in the guitars, bass and vocals cross each other and change is just beautiful. They do some amazing rhythm changes too in the middle of their song. It's lovely and funkey and rocky and great. I also really like their lyrics that often er quite wild and almost like crime stories sometimes like in Tyler. Some think that song is about a rapist. I think it's about sneaking in to see your girl in the middle of the night, but it might just be me that are too romantic ;) Anyways, here is one of the new songs "No deliverance" And this is their MySpace page.

No Deliverance "Road" video


And here are two true classics.. Possum Kingdom and Tyler: (Sad that they are only live, but it's impossible to find the album version. The live versions are great too, but the album versions are amazing and has that final touch to it.



1 comment:

PKB said...

Takk Helene!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...