Thursday 18 December 2008

Great songs: If we want it, it's right - Thomas Dybdahl

Sometimes artists really can surprise you... One of those when it comes to me is Thomas Dybdahl. I started out thinking he was really fake and not real at all.. I just couldn't feel what he was telling me I was supposed to feel. When I saw him as the lead singer for "The National Bank", a Norwegian super group at Øyafestialen in Oslo, all that changed. It was such a night to remember with long light nights and Oslo's skyline in the background. But that is another story..

I started to listen to more of his solo work and found this amazing song... It's just really beautiful and has a feel to it that is really emotional and close and atmospheric.. It has to move you, I think. On top of it all he has got the amazing Norwegian philosopher Arne Næss to include some of his thoughts as a sound clip. And those words he say was almost an awakening to me. It just felt so so true and perfect and made me think about life different :) I have tried to translate them in the lyrics below. Hope I did ok :) Hard stuff to translate.

When it comes to the music, I love how he buildes it up and then has that beautiful pause just at the right place, that makes the whole thing... Also love the melody and voice in this one.

Hope you can feel it too... Enjoy!




come
let's slip away from this damn masquerade
just take my hand and let me lead the way

Nזæss- “hvorledes kan min, hva vi kaller for livskvalitet, beholdes eller bli høyere? Og livskvalitet går overhodet ikke på hva man har, men hvordan man føler man er og hvorledes det er; hva er det som gleder oss?”

How can my so-called quality of life be kept or be heightened? And life quality is not about what you have, but how you feel you are and how that is, what makes us happy?

(gone are the voices that inspire fools
to look for love where no love ever moves)

so
let's settle in and do what lovers do
a wave of peacefullness that shoots right through

if we want it, it's right
if we want it, it's right

seems
every now and then a dream comes true
the skies turns everything from black to blue

now
maybe everything we do is wrong
a simple story turns into a song

f we want it, it`s right
if we want it, it`s right

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...