Tuesday 2 December 2008

Great collaborations: Do They Know it's Christmas? - Band Aid

Ladies and gents, it's time for some 80's Christmas-spirit. And also for another great collaboration... I mean, this must really be THE collaboration, right? Outside my windows the snow are falling so I just suddenly had a little christmassy feeling, even though I really thing it's a bit to early. I have felt other years that I have to be careful not to use up all my Christmas feeling long before Christmas so I try to wait until there is just a week or two left.

Do They Know it's Christmas? is a milestone in musical history. It was the first song like that where artists teamed up to support a charity together. This time it was a famine in Africa. I think it's a lovely song and actually almost gets a few tears in my eyes by listening to it.

The video of course has a lot of great 80's heroes in it.. Can you spot them? I know almost all of them, but I'll give you the chance to guess. Leave your guesses in the comment field under this blogpost. (Link if you are reading this in facebook). Here is the song and the amazing video ;)



And for you crazy kids, like me, that want even more about this event in musical history, you can find the documentary on this link :D Search for Band Aid at the right.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...