Sunday 9 January 2011

Great live: R.E.M at La Blogothéque

Again I realized that I thought I had blogged about this a long time ago and had not. I have written a little about the great La Blogothéque before however and their "Les Concerts A Emporter" (The take-away concerts). It's a French concept and is basically to film artists and bands playing live while they move from one place to another, or sometimes in very strange and unexpected places with little equipment. It's an amazing idea, because it brings people a little out of their comfort zone and you have to be a great artist to do this:) The first one of these I saw was of Beirut (I have to blog more about that sometime soon) and I have blogged about Andrew Bird and Phoenix in that setting too (You can read those posts here La Blogothéque)Oh, and yes, the site is in French and I have no idea what it says, I kinda like it like that.

But, back to R.E.M. The collaboration between La Blogothéque and R.E.M gave 5 amazing videos. I don't even know what to write about them without going on for 3 hours, so more than anything it's something you should just see and experience yourself. It's a extremely special feel to the whole thing, and you feel like you are literally sent of to a late evening in Athens, Georgia somehow. Makes me long for summer and remember those evenings when you just take your friends and a car and just drive randomly around and see what you can find and experience. I miss that.

My favourite of the 5 clips is "Living Well Is The Best Revenge" I think. Look at that amazing joy of playing even though they are showed up all in a tiny car. And what great bass technique! I also love "Sing for the Submarine"", because of it's use of effects (a silo!) and the whole vibe of the apartment in "On the Fly". I love that Michael Stipe still smokes a little and needs lyrics when he sings. To many songs written by now for one little head.. Sigh! I love all of it. Oh yes, and I love how it's filmed (entirely?) in one take most of it. That gives an amazing flow to it all. Anyways, good people, click on the link and enjoy:

R.E.M on La Blogothéque
(and cranck it up to HD if you can)(Or click below)


#89.1 - R.E.M. - Until the day is done
Uploaded by lablogotheque. - See the latest featured music videos.


#89.2 - R.E.M. - Living well is the best revenge
Uploaded by lablogotheque. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.


#89.3 - R.E.M. - On the fly
Uploaded by lablogotheque. - Explore more music videos.


#89.4 - R.E.M. - Houston
Uploaded by lablogotheque. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.


#89.5 - R.E.M. - Sing for the Submarine
Uploaded by lablogotheque. - See the latest featured music videos.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...