Thursday 6 January 2011

Great live: U2 at the Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony - Until The End of The World

First of all, I can't believe I haven't blogged about this before. It is truely one of my favourite live clips of all time.
Some artists are such good entertainers that they can't be contained even though the setting around them are very serious and formal. This is not surprisingly also the case for what I consider to be one of the greatest showmen of all time: Bono of U2.
This clip is from their Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony and as you can see it's filled with their friends in their audience and a very posh black tie event in many ways. Many artists would have just sung their song in touching and beautiful way and then gone home. Bono on the other hand shows just why they are in Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame and just dives into the audience and makes it a tribute to them as well. He singes parts of the lyrics to selected members of the audience. I unfortunately is not enough of a U2 fan to know who all of them are, but I am very touched with the lines "You kissed my lips and broke my heart" sung with the arm around his wife. There is magic in the air. There is the jointed effort of four musicians that have been friends and played together for so many years that it just flows out of them. There is amazing timing in all they do and most of all as Bono pops the champagne open in just the right moment of the song. This, my friends, is music deep from the heart and it goes straight in to all of ours. I believe that noone in the world that love music can not respect this sensational moment. Enjoy! And if you have any chance, go and see them live. I promise you that Bono can control an audience of 30 000 with the same force. Been there, experienced it.

1 comment:

Lise said...

#header {
background-color: #000000;
background-image: url('BILDEURLHER');
header-position: center;
height: 455px;
width: 895px;
background-repeat: none;
}


Skal fungere!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...