Saturday 2 August 2008

Great covers: Travis - Lovely Rita

I am not only a huge Radiohead fan, I also really really love Travis, though not quite to that extreem as Radiohead (This kind of sounds like a 12 year old deciding which boy she is more in love with, right?). A friend once came into my room while I was watching some clips of Travis from the studio, and he says it was like seeing someone watch their old friends from high school. I was talking very load and very enthusiastically about things like some funny new joke they did probably.

Anyways, this is not the time to describe my feelings for Travis. That calls for a separate post later ;) This one though is for Travis' lovely cover of Beatles' Lovely Rita. It is exceptionally good. Travis are really really good at doing covers that sound so similar to the original that it's scary. That is of course somewhat boring, but still very very beautiful. This was made when Sgt. Pepper had it's 40th anniversary and there are a lot of good covers to, that I am sure I will return to later.

There are two clips available. The first one is of the whole process of the recording, and the second one is just the song, so you can adjust your choice to your need of Travis triviata and enjoyment, or like seeing songs get produced. Crazy people like me, like to watch both ;) Oh it's recorded by the man that recorded the original and resulted in Travis new album also being recorded on an 4 track, like the original. (Supposedly in 3 weeks! The Travis album that is.. ) Will be very exciting.


one
two



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...