Friday 22 August 2008

Life: Did you have penpals growing up and want it again?

Are you one of those who like me had a lot of penpals when you where growing up and want that again? I used to have penpals from Canada, USA, Ghana, Turkey, South-Korea, Germany, England, Turkey, New Zealand, Italy, France and Finland.

The craziest thing though was when I wrote to an adresse I found in a Norwegian teenagers magazine, Topp. The address that I wrote to turned out to be to the National Scout magazine of Russia or actually the Sovjet Union, as this was in maybe 1990, just after or before the wall fell. I got 500!!! answers. I got used to getting 30 letters a day ;) In the end I ended up answering about 5 I think, that became good friends of mine.


These were the days before e-mail and I have really missed the excitement of getting letters in my mail. So, I found this great site online for people who wants to have "snail-mail" as in real letter, penpals again, and I all ready have found one in Las Vegas and one in Netherlands. This will be exciting. I just got back in touch with a penpal that I was writing to about 10 years ago and it was so lovely! We were just as excited to see each other and are writing some cards and letters to each other :)

So if you wanna: here is the adresse:
http://www.interpals.net/

Beware of strange marriage proposals, people beggin' for money and telling you that you are the love of their life. There really are A LOT of interesting people in there. Search by keyword for something you are really into and you'll find them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...