Wednesday 20 August 2008

History: Wanna go for a holiday in a castle?

I have written before in this blog about both my love of the British and also of history. Those two are quite closely linked I think, so basically this is a dream internett site for me: A page filled with castles where you can go and sleep over. Some of them are in such great scenery that it almost takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes. The Scottish ones seam to especially be in beautiful and wild locations. I guess that's Scotland for you. I gotta go back. The train-ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever had traveling. I was surrounded by good friends, going by train (I love trains!), being in Britain, just been served a really good British cup of tea (it does not taste the same anywhere else..) and going to a place filed with history. Sigh!.. I wanna go back, and maybe see some more castles this time. Anyone know a lord that is available for marriage? I have good breeding, experiences with historic estates and polite and perfect behavior and conversation skills !

http://www.celticcastles.com/
This castle even has it's own video: Castle Stuart

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...