Friday 22 August 2008

Musical Memories: The Wannadies




In the series of music that has meant a lot to me at some time during my life, and still do, I give you The Wannadies. I think I might have discovered The Wannadies back in 1998 at the same time almost as Kent. I remember walking down to a huge mall right next to where I used to have my piano lessons and buying "Bagsy Me". I think I must have heard You & Me song before that on radio or maybe in the Romeo and Juliet movie. What a movie soundtrack that is... (Lovefool - The Cardigans, Kissing you - Desree and Exit music (for a film) - Radiohead among others). When I listen to The Wannadies now, it kind of gives me a feeling of being 19 again (I was young once too ... hehe) and it really takes me back. The Wannadies also was the other band that made me become friends with my Kent-friend, that I have mentioned for you before.

The Wannadies sound Swedish in a way I think. I can't really explain why. They are basically just pure rock'n'roll and works well when you are really excited, mad or happy, because it has so much energy. Below I give you some of my favorite songs of them. And oh, yes, I love the videos too :)

Skin



You & Me song


Hit

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...