Saturday 2 August 2008

Great live clips: Radiohead - Arpeggi /Weird fishes Live from Dublin




As I am sure you know, I am a huge Radiohead fan, so there will probably be a lot of posts about them, but I will try to restrain myself a little bit ;) I just found an amazing live clip of arpeggi from their new album In Rainbows. It was filmed by a fan in Dublin and it's just bloody amazing!!! And how well dressed they are for a change, though that sweater of Johnny's is rather odd, better than that red sweater though. But hey, he's a genius, he can do whatever he want.

I love the structure of this song It just rises and rises and gets more and more beautiful, before stopping up and get going again. It is just PERFECTLY arranged and all the choices are right and all the melodies beutiful. It's for sure my favorite on the record and one of the fav's over all :D

Let me be your guide you through this, and show you why this footage is perfect and filmed by a person that really knows this song and what to expect:

I love the first few seconds when you can see Johnny and Ed getting ready at the left of the screen, like "Let's do this thing" and Colin jumping like always in the background. Then you can see Johnny heading over to his side and Ed is concentrating like hell there. Oh, I know how he feels. Just let the fingers do what they want to and don't think to much about it. And suddenly.... oh there is actually three guitars now... ( I knew.. hehe) Perfect panning over to Ed that is screaming his lungs out and doing a perfect job. I think he should be allowed to sing more on record to, as he did on this part on this song. I love the person who filmed this. Perfect pan over to Johnny as he starts doing some impro (I think ?) on the right. Cool stuff at least. Then he heads over to play some piano or organ or something like that. Perfectly capture the handgesture from Colin to make the people sing loader too :)Mr. nice guy and probably the only one except Phil that at this point has any focus and attention to spare. The others are concentrating like hell. Thom sure is. Ed is looking a bit more relaxed though... hehe... Haha... again perfect capture as the drums come back, and during this part Greenwood has before recorded stuff that he then loops and plays with later, wonder if he all ready has done that or maybe he will now... hm... Let's see...Oh yes... here he goes, and that ladies and gentlemen is a Fender Starcaster. Beautiful piece of guitar, that is. Ah... that just adds that perfect extra spark to the song. Perfect panning over to Colin as the bass rejoins. And hey! Thom is doing some basslike things too. Of course, why didn't I think of that. genius... And very classic head-bobbin' there.. hehe... Sigh... and it's over. I'll be back with more some other day ;)Just realized this person filmed the whole concert, bless him, so I will probably post parts of it from time to time and write a little about the songs and why I like them.

Oh, and you can go on the youtube page and see it in high definition if you find the link right under the videowindow. Not sure if that is included when I embed the file, but I don't think so..

Oh, and I made a video for this song too...

Clip

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...